I am confused...
Got a phone call this afternoon from the doctors office. Guess she talked to the doctor and the doctor wants to do one more scan on Friday evening. I am a bit surprised as she told me it would be canceled and would see me at my next cycle. Guess the doctor wants to check it out. That would be day 21 of my cycle (which would be way late to ovulate...keep in mind the average cycle is 28 days) but I guess stranger things have happened. Come on follie!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok I know you understand all of this WAY more than me as I haven't been through this. But it is my understanding that the follicle keeps growing until it bursts. So why wouldn't you just keep checking the the follicle gets big enough? Supposedly your period doesn't come until about 2 weeks after you ovulate, no matter when you ovulate. Some people have a natural cycle of more than 28 days. I know before BC I use to have a cycle of 56 days!
ReplyDeleteYes the follicle contains the egg. The egg is released by the follicle at ovulation. Most people ovulate around day 14 of a cycle. The egg is nice and fresh and ready to be fertilized. The longer the egg sits there, before it is released, the more the quality of the egg goes down. So, if I go back on Friday and the follicle is large enough to trigger ovulation, great..although the fear would be that even ovulating the egg quality would not allow for a pregnancy. That is why I am confused why they want me to come back. It will be nice if I do ovulate, so I wouldn't have to trigger my cycle.
ReplyDeleteStill waiting to find out what happened Friday!!
ReplyDelete