Monday, June 8, 2009

All clear!

I had the (HSG) this morning and it went well! The tubes are clear! When I got in there they got me prepped and had the radiologist come in and explained the procedure. They basically got me prepared like an annual appointment and then they cleaned my cervix with a iodine solution. Then they stuck the catheter up into my uterus and blew up a balloon. It was uncomfortable to have the speculum and the balloon, but that was about it. We got to watch on the screen as the dye was pushed through and it filled up my cervix (which is way tinier than I thought it would be!) and then it started through my tubes, and man those things are very tiny! It spilled out into my abdomen which meant that they were clear. The radiologist said that all looked well, and the chances increase a bit after this procedure is done as it kind of cleanses all the reproductive parts. Now if my ovaries will just cooperate on Thursday! I am gonna chill out today, as I am way crampy now (pretty much just like bad menstral cramps).

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything checked out for you today! Hope those ovaries work for you this week! haha, never thought I would say that, now did I?

    ReplyDelete